Coffee Bay is a beautiful rural village nestled on the coast of the former Transkei, South Africa
Sustainable Coffee Bay is a registered non-profit and public benefit organisation. We work with the communities of the greater Coffee Bay area to improve their lives through education and other community initiatives.
Coffee Bay is a beautiful rural village nestled on the coast of the former Transkei, South Africa. It is beautiful, but not without serious social problems. People’s lives are dominated by poverty, hardship and ill-health.
SCB was started in 2002 by Coffee Shack, a tropical paradise right on the beach in the Transkei, a deeply traditional area of South Africa where you’ll experience a way of life far removed from Western culture.
- With a Spring in our Steps, October 2018
- House of the Children Winter Newsletter 2018
- Save the Date 17th May.. We are Inspiration Awards Finalists!
- With thanks and best wishes for 2018
- We need your help! Become a regular supporter.
- Increasing our impact in 2017!
- Sponsor a child, help a teacher, discover what life is really like in rural South Africa!
- “To know that even one life has breathed easier because you lived… This is to have succeeded.”
- PART 2: “Are YOU sitting comfortably? Because the kids at our local school aren’t”
- PART 1: “Are YOU sitting comfortably?”
- A busy start to 2016!
- Volunteer with us – a chance of a lifetime!
- Good Luck to our Matric Students!
- An Italian Experience at Ikhaya Labantwana Montessori – Sustainable Coffee Bay
- Ikhaya Labantwana Montessori enjoying 2015
- Ikhaya Labantwana Montessori attend SA ECD Awards
- Ikhaya Labantwana Montessori shines in the Eastern Cape
- Sunshine, sunflowers and smiles…..at Ikhaya Labantwana Montessori
- Ikhaya Labantwana Montessori …………is Growing
- Ikhaya Labantwana Montessori year end party
Support Sustainable Coffee Bay
We rely on others to help us deliver the support our community needs. There are several ways you can help us.